Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Waiting for court to start

This is so hard for people with no patience. The only thing I could
compare this lengthy, neverending boredom to is an international flight.
Except it is more uncomfortable, emotionally and physically, and when
you get out you aren't rewarded with Paris or Tokyo or a beautiful
tropical paradise. You are in dingy, dirty, nasty, crime ridden downtown
Los Angeles.

My elevator ride to the 9th floor was notably awkward. I found myself
alone with the defense attorneys, the defendant and his wife and son. We
all looked down, everyone stayed silent and it almost felt like everyone
held their breath the whole way up. I just kept thinking, my vote could
cause this man to be in prison forever.

1 comment:

MDSA said...

wow... what a situation...
I bet you could cut the tension with a buttler knife.