Tuesday, July 15, 2008

public info

Sometimes I want to post things and I can't because I don't want to post things about certain feelings/friends because I don't want to:

1. post things that will end up on fan websites (like amazing pictures of Clemmy wearing a veil while I was trying on wedding dresses)

2. post things that reveal things about people close to me (such as relationships and/or embarrassing things) that they consider private to the world like things with C/M/R or T

3. post things that hurt people's feelings but that I really want to vent about

4. post things that are personal to me that I feel self-conscious about and don't want mocked or used against me

I wish I could blog a little more freely. Now I understand how Clementine feels about posting every day life things and personal things, it is hard to find the balance of letting people in and still keeping them at a distance and not revealing too much. I want to write about the most important people to me which are C, T and R and yet most things I want to write about fall into the above categories. What is a girl to do? 

I always assume that no one gives a shit about C's private life but when I see pages and pages and threads 60 pages long on weird fan websites, and little avatar pictures of her it kind of freaks me out and reminds me that I have to be a little careful sometimes. 

See I have written out about 6 sentences that I erased because I think maybe some things shouldn't be said. I am not under any illusions that certain peeps are more famous than they actually are, but I suppose it is like obscure bands, they have a rabid following even if it isn't many people. Except no one usually picks apart details of obscure band members like they do with actors. 

Okay, I am going to go read tmz now. Oops. Haha.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Feeling like I wandered on to a beautiful private beach, and before I head back up the pathway and go back to the public beach where I belong – I felt compelled to send a comment. I found myself awhile back bored on location and having just finished the books I packed, I started to read blogs. One turn led to another, led to TDB, led to you … non-fiction snippets of life written by others that aren’t found in a hardback. Over the years I have made close friends who have found various levels of fame and with that does come that balancing act. Words should not have to be edited, personal pics viewed only if one can figure out the password that was written down somewhere, the ebb & flow of life that should be shared with the people you love but not commented on by unknownreader123. But I (who should know better), like many, forget that the internet has desensitized many into thinking we are welcome always to come and go as if we invited. We weren’t. Although you are right about most not giving a shit about A, B or C – there are a few that do ruin the party. This stranger’s hope for you is that you do find that balance. Words can’t be photo shopped. Be a Tigger. Keep questioning the merits of cranberry juice, the life of a juror and your life for you.

The Dirty Ballerina said...

I am half tempted to tell you to just post the damn picture. It IS kind of awesome.

Reagan said...

the picture IS awesome. and think of all the amazing made up stories that will get posted about it. and as far as i go, post whatever you want as long as long as it's something that I would tell all of our friends, I don't really care if the world knows.

imnotarobot said...

kirsten- thank you so much for the coment, i read it many times. xoxo


the dirty ballerina and reagan- consider it done. :)