Wednesday, July 2, 2008

random fun facts about the building my trial is in and jury duty.

Judge Lance Ito hears felony criminal cases there. Remember him? He was the judge on OJ's trial.

It is the home of the Los Angeles County District Attorney and the Los Angeles County Public Defender.

The cafeteria serves Jell-O and they even have a red, white, and blue striped slab of it. With whipped cream. I would love to take a photo of the amazing huge display of jiggly gelatin in little styrofoam bowls. Maybe if I get bored enough or disgruntled enough I will.

In Los Angeles (the biggest court system in the US)...

8,000-10,000 jurors a day serve on a trial.

They call 2.68 million people to jury duty a year and almost a million people actually sit on a trial.

That is all for now. I will blog from court on a break. They have picked the jury and are now picking the 5 alternates.

1 comment:

The Dirty Ballerina said...

word on the beat is that the dwp building has a damn good lunch that involves a pasta station. If I had ever testified in a criminal trial, I probably would have gone there for lunch with some copper friends because they would have taken me there. but, of course, i've never done that.