Thursday, July 24, 2008

Verdict. People vs. Leland Wong.

Count 1 guilty
Count 2 guilty
Count 3 guilty
Count 4 guilty
Count 5 guilty
Count 6 guilty
Count 7 not guilty
Count 8 guilty
Count 9 guilty
Count 10 guilty
Count 11 guilty
Count 12 guilty
Count 13 not guilty
Count 14 not guilty
Count 15 not guilty
Count 16 not guilty
Count 17 not guilty
Count 18 guilty
Count 19 guilty
Count 20 guilty
Count 21 not guilty

What the counts were...
1 bribery
2-3 conflict of interests
4 perjury
5-17 theft by embezzlement
18-20 filing a false tax return
21 conflict of interests

This was very emotional and I don't know if I will be able to write
about the details anytime soon. I might write everything out but there
is part of me that just doesn't even want to talk about it. I have done
a lot of crying today and this does not feel good at all. It feels very
raw and surreal right now and just sickening. I am wondering if I will
ever be able to shake this feeling or if it will always feel this way.

I know we did the right thing, I just wish it didn't have to be this
way. I will think about Mr. Wong's son Jonathan for the rest of my life.
Seeing his reaction to the verdict tore out my heart and I feel like
part of me was left back there in that courtroom. My stomach still feels
like it is in my throat.

Sentencing is September 25, 2008.

I was going to try and go but now I am not sure if I can do it.

I won't ever forget that I was Juror number 8.

No comments: