Friday, May 2, 2008

typoglycemic

I make a lot of typos. I correct them right away, but it seems as though every fifth word has to be fixed.

This is known throughout my workplace and everyone likes to stand behind me while I type and read aloud the words exactly as misspelled. It creates fits of giggles.

The other day Vegangirl pauses behind me for a moment to watch for an error. As she walks away, smiling and satisfied with the slip ups she has witnessed, she says, "It's not surprising you make so many mistakes, look at how you type." As she was saying this she made fake typing hand movements with her fingers spread and wildly dancing.

It never occurred to me. The way I type is weird. It is like an exaggerated version of how my Mom types.

I have decided upon the term "spider mistake hands" and it suits the situation well.

No comments: