Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I have been hypnotized by marc jacobs.



In person it looks like a scoop of wet raspberry sorbet. It is The Most Beautiful Handbag I have ever seen.

There has only been one other time in my life that I have wanted a purse so bad. Or really, dare I say, desired one at all.

It was a $1600 Prada purse that I was obsessed with and I would go to Saks to spend time with it on a weekly basis.

The weirdest difference between then and now is that if I wanted to I could totally buy this $500 purse and not even think twice about it. I still would only drool over a $1600 bag because that is just a stupid amount of money no matter how much you have. I don't think I could ever justify that I need a handbag that bad. I would guilt myself over the money that could have gone to someone needy, even a friend in need, that I overspent on a stupid accessory.

If I bought it though, I think I would get the black version, because it is more practical.

I just might buy myself a Marc Jacobs bag in the next few weeks. I can't imagine the shock everyone will be in that I own an acceptable, adult, luxury pocketbook.

I will still cuddle my beloved dark green fake leather $12 H&M bag with the zipper half attached that I have been carrying for over a year. I love it and I don't give a shit that it is cheap.

1 comment:

Reagan said...

just fucking buy it. seriously. just do it. DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!
you can save $500 more dollars. And (again I ask) what is money for if not spending? Now you don't need to be like me and buy it in 8 colors, I do not suggest this to anyone. Look at where it has gotten me! I had to wade through almost 70 pairs of cowboy boots this morning to find a belt that had fallen off it's hook, and realize things are way out of hand in my closet. But I do not regret buying a single one of my MJ bags. Think of it as an investment. If your H&M bag (that i think i was there for the purchase of...) has lasted you this long, this thing will last you at leaset 3 years of ware.
DO IT!