Monday, May 19, 2008

Lost in trashlation.

T is the only person I know that does this. Every time he loses
something he searches the trash. This stumps me because I always think
"how in the hell would you have accidentally thrown something like that
in the trash?" He, more often than not, is successful and finds his lost
items. WTF?

This morning it was an orange funnel, just a plain kitchen funnel he
uses to get his weird protein powder mixes into a water bottle. He
couldn't find it anywhere, I helped him look in the oddest locations,
and then he suggested it might be in the garbage. Huh? How would you
throw out a bright orange plastic funnel in error?

Anyway, that is, of course, where it was. I asked him how he thought he
did this and he said he thinks there were a variety of things on the
counter that needed to be disposed of, so he just tossed out everything
that was there. What? I guess I should make sure that nothing of
importance to me is ever in the area of anything else that needs to be
disposed of.

No comments: