Wednesday, May 14, 2008

stupee

I posted while we were on the way out to the desert but it looks like it didn't show up. It was all of this crap about how I only live 2 hours away from here but how it feels a world away. I also wrote about how beautiful it is here and how I took it for granted most of my life. We are still in the desert, but we are leaving tonight. We might have sort of lied to a bunch of people and told them we are leaving in the morning because we don't want to deal with having to try and meet up with people all day. We have lots of work to do. So far we...

met with the caterer
went to the location and met with the wedding coodinator chick
went to a french bakery to try the madelines as a possible favor
went to the potential cake store to check out cake info
went to the Parker to get info on rooms and possible catered rehearsal dinner
and I tried on 3 dresses with my mom and his mom

today we need to...
review menus online and then meet with the caterer again
check out "the cake lady" whoever she is
go to the rental place and look at chairs and other furniture
get the save the date cards (postcards)
and probably 15 other things I can't remember

I almost cried yesterday. Everyone talked about the wedding for 13 straight hours and I wanted to just hide under a large object so no one could find me. :) I am really excited but it is just overwhelming and I can't believe how much money and planning is going into this one day. Luckily it isn't my money so I don't have to stress out about that, too. It is all taken care of, it is just the details I have to work out. I will consider the wedding as my payment for all of this damn planning and coordinating I am doing.

No comments: