Thursday, May 1, 2008

R thinks my blog should be called...

"I am sober because I super pressed it."
but she also suggested the following marketing stunts for my store:
set the place next door on fire
hire a skywriter
hmm.

Anyway, I am a bit tired today, was at work until 2am. Trying to get the energy up to go make myself food so I can take it to work. I need a bento box type thingy or something similar so it is easier to pack my lunch. I need to research the different plastics they use for those to make sure I buy one that is not a naughty plastic.

Speaking of plastics... this following info is from The Green Guide.

1. Steer Clear of PVC vinyl (#3), whose manufacture and incineration releases carcinogenic dioxins into the environnment and food chain. PVC often contains lead, and toxic plasticizers such as phthalates that can migrate into food, water, air and our mouths.

2. Avoid plastics that leach chemicals suspected of disrupting hormone functions: #3 (PVC), #6 (PS), #7 ("Other," often polycarbonate).
I found many articles on this subject of course, it is a hot topic right now. Here is another little informative article broken down. It is less wordy than the original article.


the full original article can be found here.

No comments: