Friday, May 2, 2008

Start Thinking About Starting

So T and I were on our way to go to Trader Joe's and we ended up at Gelson's, too. I can not believe Trader Joe's doesn't carry tahini paste. Annoying. Anyway, this is the conversation we had in the car...

Tony: (in a very mocking tone) So. Your "blog" says you are going to post recipes. What recipes are you talking about?

Author's sidenote: Okay. Maybe I should stop here and explain why he was using an incredibly mocking tone. I do not cook. I can not cook. I try really hard but I just suck at it and I get PISSED the whole time. Angry at the world. Some of my friend's (particularly R) are greatly entertained by my severe lack of domestic talents. I want to be good at it, I try, but it isn't something cooking classes can fix. I hate everything about it. I hate the shopping part, I hate the cooking part, I hate the clean up. But I forget that I hate it... so about 4 times a year I try to make something and I end up throwing things. Sometimes the things are food.


Melissa: (I turn my head away from him and say quietly) I want to start cooking.

T: (half laughing) What? Louder!

M: (even quieter this time) I want to start cooking.

T: Haha. What do you want to start cooking?

M: Things with cheese.

T: Things with cheese.

M: (annoyed) YES! (changes mind) Well, hmm, I want to start thinking about starting to cook.

T: You want to start thinking about starting to cook?

M: (beaming with pride at my carefully worded statement) Yes.

3 comments:

Capt. Pinkpants said...

Yeah, and those four times a year that you do cook it is in casserole form. Mexican casserole, meat casserole, vegetable casserole, bacon cheeseburger casserole...

Reagan said...

you should totally invite me over and boil me some chicken.

The Dirty Ballerina said...

A. I want a casserole.
B. If you make reagan boiled chicken, I want some of that too.