Saturday, November 15, 2008

bloggers block

So I figured I should just jump in here and post so that it doesn't seem so intimidating to start up again.

I have been a tiny bit busy. Got married. November 8. It was the most fun I have ever had. I should probably post some stories and pictures from it.

I thought that after the wedding I would feel a huge relief that I am not so busy anymore. Except that now I have to deal with the 86 things I was too busy to handle for the last 6-9 months. I need to make doctor appointments, an eye exam appointment, I have to clean out countless drawers and closets, have to deal with my car that is hardly running, etc. I am going to make a big ol' list and start checking things off.

I will say that my first day back at work made me want to turn right around and walk out and never come back. Nothing happened specifically, I just felt like I HAVE GIVEN YOU FOUR YEARS OF MY LIFE AND I AM FUCKING DONE DONE DONE. I am getting back into the swing of things now and it is okay.

I am thinking of planning our honeymoon and maybe 2 other big trips for the year and maybe 2-3 smaller ones. Honeymoon in Feb or March and then a few more trips to keep me motivated and have things to look forward to. I am thinking:

big trips (expense wise)
1. New York
2. either Hawaii or Bahamas or Europe for a week in Aug or September

smaller trips
1. a mini cruise DON'T TELL TONY HE HATES THIS IDEA. but I thought maybe a little 3-4 day Mexico cruise would be fun and it's super cheap! Like $250 per person for the whole thing.
2. to the house in Utah either in Jan if possible or mid-summer or next winter
3. Seattle to visit family or somewhere random like New Orleans or Chicago just for fun

We usually end up throwing in a few extra mini-vacations every few months because we have shows/festivals we go to a lot or just family events come up, etc.

I NEED MY LIFE TO BE A STRING OF VACATIONS CONNECTED BY TINY AMOUNTS OF WORK.

No comments: