Friday, October 17, 2008

November 8th

In one month from today I will be married. If you would have asked me in 2003 what I would be doing in 5 years from now I would have probably said I would be dead or I would have just cried at the thought of what I wouldn't be doing. The last five years have been a crazy ride, I am so grateful that I made it out and that I was lucky enough to find my soulmate. I am lucky in every aspect of my life. Sometimes it seems like working hard and being a loyal honest person never pays off. Then I realize that even though I don't have millions of dollars I am so rich. With love and family and friends and just everything that makes my life mine.

It reminds me of a cheesy Ben Folds song, called The Luckiest. It's kind of about how he just feels like he never does anything right but that all of those paths led him to the love of his life and he realizes he is the luckiest after all.

2 comments:

MDSA said...

"Sometimes it seems like working hard and being a loyal honest person never pays off. Then I realize that even though I don't have millions of dollars I am so rich. With love and family and friends and just everything that makes my life mine"
I agree 100%
What amazes me is that our love ones can make everything better with simple gestures and words. It is impossivel to put a price on that... those things are priceless

Reagan said...

i can't believe it's so soon!!!
you deserve all the good things life has to offer, because you are a very special, sweet, caring and beautiful friend. a very good and special friend at that. one who is GETTING MARRIED! to my other very nice friend! wow! so so so soon!!!!
I am going to need a whole backpack full of tissue to make it through the ceremony... Or two drinks-- or would that make it worse? Hmmm... I know that for sure i will need to buy a tube of waterproof mascara.